This past year, the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged YULA Girls to reimagine our education and adapt in ways we never expected. We are incredibly proud of the way our faculty and students transitioned to our YULA BaBayit platform and we are truly looking forward to a successful 2020-21/5781 school year. Our YULA Girls Administration has been working diligently over the past month to create a reopening plan that meets and exceeds all County, State, and Federal requirements.
During YULA BaBayit we will continue to have school via Zoom, with a modified schedule.
Starting March 17th, YULA Girls High School will implement the following modified schedule, based on “A” and “B” days. School will begin at 8:45am and end at 2:25pm. Fridays will begin at 8:15am and end at 1:00pm.
Office hours will be on Monday-Thursday from 2:25pm-4:25pm. Please contact your teacher to schedule.
A reference of all teacher’s Zoom links is available on our YULA Girls Teacher’s Zoom Links reference sheet. Please note that for security reasons, this file is only accessible to users which are logged into their YULA Girls Google account.
When engaged in a class via Zoom, students are expected to adhere to the following additional guidelines:
- Students are expected to log into their classes daily and on time, just like entering the physical classroom. Attendance and tardiness is still checked and reported each class.
- Login from a quiet, distraction-free environment. Students should set up a personal desk or work area where there is adequate wifi reception and have their computers plugged in and on a flat surface. Posture before the camera must be conducive to active learning and participation (e.g., no reclining). The student’s full face must be visible in the camera frame. Backgrounds in a video recording or conference should be appropriate for sharing with the school community.
- Students must keep on microphones and cameras unless a teacher has requested otherwise.
- Sign-in to each class with your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME only (no abbreviations or nicknames).
- Students should maintain dress code while on video.
- Students will be marked tardy or absent, even when logging into class under the following circumstances:
- Logging into class from bed or another inappropriate location
- Logging in while walking around or performing other tasks
- Keeping video off
- Your image, likeness, or voice may be recorded by YULA Girls while utilizing Zoom.
- Without express and written permission from a principal or the head of school, users (including students) may not record, screenshot, share, re-post, or otherwise capture or disseminate digital content created via any of these platforms. Only YULA Girls staff may capture or post such content.
- Never enter a Zoom session for a class that is not your regular schedule, and more so, never enter a Zoom session for a class at another school.
- Class meeting IDs, links and passwords are never to be shared with others outside of the class.
In response to the current COVID-19 situation, YULA Girls High School will remain closed until further notice.
YULA High Schools have commenced the YULA BaBayit (YULA at Home) program, and school will proceed with students and teachers meeting from home, using distance learning technologies and group video conferencing.
Please refer to the information below for details. We will continue to communicate via email any necessary information to our YULA Girls Community.