Social and Emotional Support
YULA Girls has a full time Guidance Counselor who is a Licensed Mental Health Professional and acts as a student liaison and advocate in the following areas:
- Psychological and Emotional Development
- Crisis Counseling
- Coping Skills
- Student Focused Group Therapy (i.e. Stress Workshops)
- Organization of Specialized Guidance Programs focused on physical and emotional well-being (i.e. on eating disorders, substance abuse, driving safety, building healthy relationships, family empowerment and abuse prevention, etc.)
YULA Girls Mechanechet or Advisory Program is an opportunity for students to build meaningful relationships with role models and mentors on and off campus. Meetings with Mechanchot take place in groups or individual settings.
These meetings facilitate:
- Open discussions about religious growth
- Opportunities for students to implement religious programming, such as Shabbatonim
The Grade Dean for underclassmen serves to monitor and support the progress of 9th and 10th grade students as they transition into High School at YULA Girls.
The Grade Dean helps students learn to:
- Self advocate and solve problems
- Build healthy peer relationships
- Obtain the proper assistance when needed
Our full time Director of Student Learning serves to support student success through meeting with students to assist with:
- Executive Functioning and Academic Organization
- Student Accommodations and Support for Students with Learning Differences
- Time Management
- Testing Skills
Our two full time College Guidance Counselors work with our students as early as sophomore year to gear their classes and academic interests towards optimal collegiate success.
College Guidance Counselors:
- Meet with students weekly to check on goals and the college application process
- Assist with the college application process (i.e. applications, essays, recommendation letters, interview skills, etc.)
- Facilitate campus visits for colleges and other post High School Institutions
- Hold weekly guidance periods in the Spring of junior year and Fall of senior year
Our Director of Israel Guidance helps students throughout the Israel Gap Year research and application process.
The Director of Israel Guidance:
- Organizes the Israel Gap Year Fair
- Counsels students on program options for their gap year
- Organizes campus visits for Israel Programs
- Helps students through the application and interview process